Naviarhaiku120 - Momentary halt



The Naviar Haiku this week called for something extreme. At first I was going to use my washing machine but the halt wasn't momentary.

The death of Prince made me reflect on his musicianship and, while I've been setting myself the challenge of playing single takes for recordings recently, I thought it'd be a good time to try doing this across multiple instruments.

Once again I wrote a few riffs on my four-string guitar. The recent Junto projects that have used multiple takes layered up led me to try two drum recordings and two guitar recordings. My timing drifted a lot in the former but I was able to smooth it out a bit with reverb and gating.

Only one bass recording though as it gets way too muddy when I try to layer those up. I'd like to add vocals but haven't time this weekend.