Disquiet Junto 0225 Serial Composition



The Disquiet Junto this week used this artwork by Lidy Prati as a music score.

I like these sorts of assignments as they often force me to come up with something different.

This week I wasn't sure I'd get a chance to record a piece, as I was assisting with a planting outside Matong.

On the way there I stopped at a park and recorded a sculpture with a view to using it in the Junto. The more I thought about it though, the less the sculpture seemed appropriate.

Then on Sunday, while I was looking at old farm machinery at the property where I was camping. It occurred to me that there were various objects that looked like the symbols in the painting.

On Monday evening I selected recordings based on the object looking like the symbol and edited the parts together. I decided to add the lines like layers and to offset their start, so that everything didn't hit the same beats.