Disquiet Junto Project 0656: Soothing Sounds II RMX

I misunderstood the assignment sometime between reading the Junto instructions and recording a track today.

The instructions said to "Make music for babies’ parents" and I read them on my way to Canberra on Thursday, then this morning spoke with my partner about a song idea that I'd been meaning to develop.

It was on an earlier trip to Canberra that I was driving past Lake George and had a lyric and melody pop into my head, so I recorded a short video using my phone.

This musical snippet suited a message I have for new parents.

When you become a parent there are various ways that your life changes and it's important to remain focused on your relationship with the person with whom you had a child.

There are stresses like sleep and bodily changes and also the shift to becoming a parent can trigger things, so you have to make a conscious effort to support each other.

It was this idea of presenting a united front to the world that I wanted to put into the song.

The lyrics go:

This beautiful life that we’ve embroidered
you be a needle to carry my thread
so tightly the patterns intertwined
it is tempting to see it as divine

Weaving together our new family
tentative plans clothe our bed
on life’s loom a fabric  known
we work with what our hearts have grown

And I know our family grows
a new world, a new world
and I know our love will show
to the world, to the world

Inside our home we commit our time
choosing to bring each other a shine
take change in circumstance in our stride
I follow your moonlight like the tide

Each day is a season in our lives
we plant words with care so they may thrive
in consultation we share our pride
to present a prime they can’t divide

Then they know our family grows
a new world, a new world
Then they know a love we show
to the world, to the world