Disquiet Junto 0652 By the Tale

The Disquiet Junto project this week is to "Set a favorite story to music."

My partner suggested that I should use my Totem Story, which I wrote last year and like a lot but it got a mixed reaction from the judges of a competition.

(They thought it was inappropriate for me to write from a First Nations' perspective, which I can understand is not my experience to represent even if it is historical fiction.)

Anyway, recently I've been playing with the M-Tron Pro VST and used it for all the instrumentation except the drums.

I was aiming for a sense of uncertainty, as well as incorporating a human voice and obviously the organ is there for the religious moments.

The video came from Archive.org and was something I had on hand that seemed to suit the music, although it has nothing to do with the story.