Disquiet Junto 0173 Over Version



The Disquiet Junto this week involved scaffolding, or at least that was my interpretation. I've written elsewhere here that scaffolding is a process of building a song on an existing track and then removing the original.

At first I wasn't sure how to respond as I knew the track would be another challenge for my drumming and alternate approaches like MIDI and adding loops were difficult to keep in sync with the original track.

In the end I thought the track has potential but I'll have to shorten it and tidy up my playing with edits. The camera battery ran out while I played the drums, so the video didn't work out. The fretless bass drifts out of key in parts and the melodica also hits the odd bum note. The result could be a backing track, so I might come back to it.