Disquiet Junto 0493 AudioCorrect

The Disquiet Junto project this week asks participants to "Think about the utility and the useful failures inherent in autocorrect and apply this to your music."

It prompted my mind to wander back to a piece of music that I've struggled to revisit.

Back in 2016 I was inspired by Morphine to explore an open tuning on my guitar, settling on four strings tuned DDAE.

Thinking back and the tuning inspired a variety of music.

Recently I'd used the song 'Reflections' in my soundtrack for The Lost World and my partner had singled out the song for praise.

So I tried to correct the piece by generating MIDI in Ableton Live, quantising and then setting a scale.

The key still eludes me, as it starts in G minor and then has a couple of changes, including a stray semitone in the melody and then it rises a tone.

Anyway, I wanted to hear it as performed on a Rhodes-style electric piano and tried to removing the bum notes (either my playing or the Live generated ones, but mostly Ableton).