Naviarhaiku227 – Morning coolness



It's not the most obvious association but this haiku shared by Naviar Records this week reminded me of a song I wrote about a decade ago but never recorded.

Something in the image of a spider web blowing in the breeze reminded me of the lyrics I'd written about a weed known as Hairy Panic, presumably because when it gets in your trousers it feels like an army of spiders climbing your leg.

In an effort to avoid forgetting the lyrics, I published them on my ShowcaseJase blog a couple of years ago.

I relished the opportunity to record each part in a single take. This meant recording up to half a dozen times and you can hear some of those other takes accompanying those shown in the videos, with both the vocal and guitar part supported with two takes each panned to widen the track.