Disquiet Junto 0273 Alarm Clocked

The Assignment: Make music for a (new! improved!) slow-waking alarm clock.

Step 1: You’re going to make music for an alarm clock. Think about what you like and hate about alarms, and about your morning routine.

Step 2: This alarm clock is special. You set it three minutes before you’re due to wake up, and the music slowly gets louder as those three minutes pass. Then at precisely three minutes in, the alarm-like nature of the sound announces itself, and then the music plays for roughly another full minute.

Step 3: Create an original piece of music based on steps 1 and 2.

My alarm clock is set to start the radio but a button malfunction means it often beeps at varying volume too. At different times of the year I don't need the alarm, I seem to have become a morning person.

A previous Junto used an alarm clock as a starting point. That one turned out well.

This week I've been playing on my ukulele, trying to get my daughter interested in learning new chords. We'd been playing Katy Perry's Roar recently and the G chord from it appears in my jam here.

The recording here was the second take. Not sure what the opening chord is but I like its air of mystery, which asks what the day will hold?

It's a bit slow since the track runs over four minutes. My kids came home from school so I didn't get a chance to re-record and shrinking the audio would get fiddly with the video.