Bach in the church

St Johns is the oldest church in the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area and one of the dozens of historic buildings at Griffith's Pioneer Park Museum, where I work part-time as curator.

Good Friday is the annual 'Action Day' at the Museum and this year is the 45th anniversary of the first Good Friday when the Park was opened to the public and thousands of people came to have a look.

Thousands of people visited today and saw machinery in action, such as a rice harvester named 'Gertie' invented by an enterprising farming couple in 1943 and a Clayton and Shuttleworth portable steam engine from 1905.

Among the many activities was a small contribution from my musical identity, the Wendy Carlos-inspired Bach piece I produced for a Disquiet Junto a couple of years ago. This track was looped in St Johns and it gave me a thrill each time I walked past the building to hear the low notes rumble.