Disquiet Junto 0664 Mother Beat

The Junto assignment this week is to "Record a piece of music in 29/16 time."

It was about six months ago that I was talking with my son Oscar about how much I enjoy using strange time signatures as a prompt.

He started to talk about a Mother videogame, which is one that he's often discussed, explaining there's a penultimate level where the music is in 29/16.

I thought it sounded wild, so I played around and wrote some songs in Live using this time signature.

Then I told Marc that I thought it would be a fun prompt for the Junto.

This week he came back to me and, as Oscar is home from uni for the holidays, I got him to look at the wording and we added the detail about the name of the original tune in Mother 3.

Last night I began composing with the time signature and came up with a couple of ideas.

I might get back to working on the other, but thought I'd publish this one in the mean time.

Unfortunately I still have uni homework to complete.