Disquiet Junto 0492 Kintsugi Rework

The Disquiet Junto project this week employs "the Japanese technique of mending broken ceramics as a metaphor for remixing."

My source material comes from 2015 and features my son Oscar singing the soundtrack to the game Earthbound (also known as Mother).

There's this deal I have with my kids that they're entitled to a 'no questions asked' day off school each term, so I think Oscar was home for one of those days.

I can't recall how we ended up recording his a cappella, but it's likely he was singing and I suggested we try recording.

The result was fantastic!

Last weekend Oscar and I recorded another song from the Mother series for an assignment.

He had wanted to recreate a piano and we'd found that Ableton Live's conversion to MIDI produced a disappointing result.

When the Junto instructions suggested fixing a broken vessel, I had an idea I could 'break' the track using the conversion process and then repair it using softer instruments.

However, I don't think this result is "more gorgeous, and more precious, than before it was fractured."