Playground recording workshop



This month I'm revisiting my project remixing Leeton playgrounds for the centenary, as it's closing and I wanted to give my videos a local screening before they join Albury's urban art programme in August and September.



I promoted that people could come and record with me and appear in the screenings. The first recording session was in Central Park on Monday and I was joined by about half a dozen with three kids taking an active interest.



They encouraged me to try the contact microphone on a couple of things I hadn't tried, such as listening to my pulse and recording the water tower in the park. It was really gratifying to see how enthused they were about the sounds and their potential. The youngest at one point exclaimed there were hundreds of sounds to discover.